Six UNINTERESTING Things About Me -- a meme
Jim Bonewald tagged me in this meme; so here are the rules and questions, and then my response . . .
Meme Terms and Conditions
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. List six unspectacular things about you.
4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
The Six things I'll choose to bore you all with are six things that you all either already know or could guess:
1) As a babyboomer, I love Rock and Alternative music, and was dismayed at having to spend hours listening to Classical with Mike as he went through his teenage years . . . but it grows on you, and so now I have a good mix of Classical on my ipod to balance out everything else, which also includes Country, Folk, Worship, Gospel, CCM, Blues, Jazz, and even other genres when they get a lot of airplay or exposure in other places I can't avoid.
2) As a 40-something mom with adult kids and elementary-age kids and teenage stepkids, I cannot plan to spend time or money on anything without taking them and their needs into consideration. As much as I believe our lives as disciples of Jesus should not be centered around the Evangelical values of "the perfect Christian family" but rather around simple daily obedience to Him and His radical claims on our lives . . . most of my radical obedience is setting aside my own agenda in favor of what's best for this blended family we got ourselves into. And God has blessed me in that!
3) I function best when I allow enough time in my life for 8 hours of sleep every night, at least an hour of solitude every day, some time to connect to my husband and each kid and a handful of close friends, time to get some physical exercise, and good food spread out over the day in the right ratio to my body mass and exercise level. When I let any of those pieces go, it impacts the whole picture pretty quickly.
4) If I could do nothing but what I impulsively wanted to do all day long everyday, I would spend almost all my time reading and the time left over writing - but with music on in the background through all of it.
5) I am an introvert who likes to be up in front of lots of people, teaching them what I've learned in my solitude and reading and writing.
6) I am an analytically-oriented person who despises analysis when it is detached from the real-life give-and-take of trying it out as either true or full of shit.
That's it . . . not news, but then it wasn't suppose to be, was it?
Okay, now for the people I'll tag . . .
I'd like to see what my friend who goes by SW on her blog does with this one! And Barbara B. Nixon on her Public Relations site would be an interesting spin on this one, if indeed memes work in PR! And then Neal Locke in Mr. Locke's Classroom, and Makeesha on Swinging From The Vine; and Chelle Yarbrough's eclectic Mental Garage Sale would have its own spin here, I'm sure! And lastly, I'd like to see what Reba Baskett does with this one in In Reba's World.